Date: Wednesday, 6 June 2012 – 8:00pm
Venue: Hong Kong Cultural Centre
Booking: From 6th May 2012 at Hong Kong Cultural Centre, 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Tickets available at all URBTIX outlets and on-line at: www.urbtix.hk
Credit Card Telephone Booking: (852) 2111 5999
Ticketing Enquiries: (852) 2734 9009
The Discantus Quartet will entertain with a superb selection of Italian Choir music during the concert “Passeggiata Partenopea”. Formed in 1983, the Quartet has participated in various music festivals and collaborated with famous musicians like Francesco Vizioli, Herbert Handt, Nunzio Zappulla and Mark Varshavsky. For this concert they will be accompanied by Agostino Oliverio, a Neapolitan musician with significant experience in musical theatre, and soprano Cinzia Rizzone who has worked with famous conductors Placido Domingo, Zubin Metha and Jeffrey Tate and directors Liliana Cavani, Mario Martone and Paul Curran.
The Discantus Quartet is composed of Luigi Grima (first violin), Maria D’Alessio (second violin), Johnny Grima (viola) and Antonello Grima (cello). The father of the Grima Brothers, Joseph Grima, came from Malta and became the Director of the Conservatory of San Pietro in Maiella, Naples. Due to his fame the University of Naples Federico II choir was named after him and is now known as the Joseph Grima Choir (Coro Joseph Grima).
The Joseph Grima Choir has performed modern repertoires in addition to traditional choir music. Its modern concerts include a medley of songs from the memorable musical “Jesus Christ Superstar”, by Rice e Weber, performed in the beautiful Basilica of San Francesco di Paola in Naples.
- A. Scarlatti: Piccola Suite per Archi
- Anonimo: Ritornello delle Lavandaie del Vomero
- G.B. Pergolesi: Chi disse ca la femmena’, Aria di Vannella taken from “Lo frate nnamurato”, Lungi dal core, Aria di madama Erlecca taken from “Li sposi per accidente”, String Sonata in G Major , Stizzoso taken from “La Serva Padrona”
- S. Mercadante: La Rosa
- G. Donizzatti: Te voglio bene assaje, Me voglio fa una casa
- D. Gaudioso: Concerto per mandolino in sol maggiore
- F.P. Tosti: ‘A Vucchella
- Barberis – Gaudieri: Munasterio ‘e Santa Chiara
- Di Giacomo – Costa: Era de Maggio
- Anonimo: Cicerenella